There is a special chemical on the polarizing lens to filter light. The molecules of this chemical are specifically arranged to block part of the light from passing through the lens. Think of it as a small curtain hanging in front of the window. Only the light that passes through the opening of the blinds can be seen. On polarized sunglasses, the filter creates a vertical opening for the light. This means that only light that is close to the eye can pass through these openings. For example, the lens can block all horizontal waves reflected on a smooth pond or shiny car hood. Polarized lenses have a filter laminated on them that only allows vertically oriented light to pass through, while non-polarized lenses are usually just tinted to block light. Non-polarized lenses do not contain a filter to remove glare.
ABBE Glasses 1.50 Polarized Brown basic CR-39 plastic sunglass lens.
• Suitable for spherical power of +7.00/-10.00 or below with cylindrical power +/-6.00 or below.
• A polarized sunglass that reduces glare from shiny surfaces like water, snow and windshields.
• The lens is permanently tinted 80% brown.
• Anti-scratch hard coating and Anti-Reflective coating are included.
• This lens cannot be mirrored tinted.